“Telework definition: Work performed primarily on computers linked to other locations, esp. from a home or remote location.” – dictionary.com
Telework is a growing segment of the Remote Worker community. Important trends are evolving that will affect teleworkers and remnote workers alike.
Remote Worker Daily will be diving deeper into these trends, but to prime the pump and get our community up to speed quickly, we have put together a roundup of ten articles and reports.
If you know of other resources that will help the community, please mention them in the comments.
- The State of Telework in the U.S.
- Telework Trend Lines 2009 (note: a little dated but still a valuable read)
- Microsoft Tracks Telework Trends, Ranks Top Cities for Home Workers
- Top 10 Trends in Telecommuting
- Measuring the Impact of Telework Week
- Telecommuting Trends and Stats
- The Who, What, Where, and Why Not of Telecommuting
- Dialing Up Telework
- Teleworking in Michigan, Empowering Workers Through Broadband
- Reasons Why Teleworking Belongs In Your Future