“A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.” – Robert Orben
Master isolated images / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Stop what you are doing right now.
Seriously, take a break, kick your feet up and relax. Turn off your phone, laptop, television, iPod, radio, or anything else that is distracting you and disconnect from the electronic world.
As a remote worker you can work anytime, you can choose from any of the 24 hours available to you, in any of the 365 days each year. It is very easy to make work at home a self imposed prison.
What can you do about it? Take vacation time, and make it vacation time that is work free.
5 Reasons you need to do this now:
1. Rest your eyes. Eye strain is the greatest work at home occupational hazard.
2. Recharge your creativity.
3. Reconnect with family and friends, and be present.
4. Reconnect with nature, get outside of the artificial world we typically live and work in.
5. Recognize there is more to life than work and take a break.
Join your fellow readers and. Take ten seconds and sign up now to follow us on Twitter @dailyremotework