Safety is a cheap and effective insurance policy. -Author Unknown
graur razvan ionut / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Keep safe when working at home with these six quick tips.
1. Use back and neck friendly equipment. Everyone who works at home as a remote worker should have a proper desk, chair, keyboard, and monitor. All equipment should be positioned properly for maximum ergonomic effect and safety.
2. Purchase quality power strips from a reputable dealer. Every year fires are caused by cheap or knockoff power strips.
3. Keep equipment ventilated properly. Another fire safety tip. Overheated equipments and paper or other flamable material do not mix.
4. Make sure any appliance or device that is a fire safety hazard has automatic shutoff features. Take that long call and leave the iron on? Forgot to shut off the ten dollar coffee maker? Believe it or not, I personally know of house fires started by each of these.
5. Do not advertise when you will be on vacation or away from home for extended time periods of time. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social media have become indispensible for communicating with family, friends, and colleeagues. Sadly, they are also a great way to inform burglers when your home is safe to rob.
6. Keep plugged in electrical devices away from water. Plugged in laptop while in the hottub or pool? You are one careless slip away from a homemade electric chair.
Join your fellow readers and. Take ten seconds and sign up now to follow us on Twitter @dailyremotework